TIPSY TUESDAY – CLEAN UP YOUR ROOM!
We’re starting the second half of the year and it’s always nice to start out with a clean and organized craft space. Half the battle is knowing where your stuff is, right? We’ve all been in the middle of a project and we reach for a specific tool or embellishment and it’s not where you thought it would be and you have to start the treasure hunt to find it. Well, it’s time to get organized and get back to crafting efficiently!
First, take a photo of your craft space as it is. You’ll appreciate the progress you make with a “Before” picture. Next, sit down and make a list of the things that AREN’T working for you.
- Are your most used supplies easily accessible?
- How are your embellishments, stamps, pens, etc. organized?
- How is your paper organized?
- How do you store your scraps?
- Do you have enough storage for your stash?
- If you don’t have a dedicated craft space, do you need more portable storage?
Now, address each of the areas and come up with solutions that WILL work.
- Purge any scraps that are too small and can’t be used.
- Organize the bits and pieces of leftover embellishments, such as partial letter/sticker sheets, buttons, flair, enamel dots, wood veneers, etc.
- Clear containers can help you from having to dig through your stash. If you can see it, you’re more likely to use it!
- Rearrange your physical space so that your most used items are closest to you. We lose a ton of time getting up to get things we need.
- Keep paper towels and baby wipes close by to make clean up easier and faster.
- Make sure you have garbage/recycling bins close by as well.
- If possible, have a “staging area” where you gather all of your supplies to work on a particular project and set these up ahead of time. That way, you have everything within reach!
- Make a list of anything additional that you need to make your creative space functional for you.
Finally, take your “After” photo and feel awesome about your organizing accomplishment!