TIPSY TUESDAY – 5 WAYS TO GET YOUR CREATIVE JUICES FLOWING AGAIN!
Since I’ve been in my creative rut for a few months now, I’ve been looking for ways to get my creative juices flowing again, so I can get back to blogging and creating. Here are a few ways that I’ve come across that have helped me regain that spark.
1) Brain Dump – My brain is full of ideas all the time! Sometimes I just get so overwhelmed that I have to take a break and dump all of those ideas out of my head. Most of the time, I use the blank note sheets in my planner or the note feature on my phone. But lately, I’ve been collecting traveler’s notebooks and using those as places to jot down lists and even sketch out project ideas.
2) Vision Board – A vision board can be anything you want it to be when it comes to getting your ideas into a visual form. I have a vision board in my kitchen with inspirational quotes and some photos of where I want to be when I chill out and relax. I also have a large bulletin board in my craft room where I pin ideas, pictures and lists. The most effective way to get those ideas flowing is to have them front and center every day.
3) Pinterest Search – Pinterest has become a widely used search engine and can be a gold mine of ideas for all kinds of projects. But, I must heed you fair warning that you may lose hours of your life dropping deeper and deeper into the Pinterest Rabbit Hole. One thing leads to another and pretty soon, it’s dark outside and you haven’t showered. LOL! Trust me, I’ve been there!
4) YouTube University – Another huge vault of information and instruction, along with the potentially dangerous Rabbit Hole problem. You can find out how to do anything on YouTube! Just be sure to find your way out by daylight!
5) Get back into your craft space – When all else fails, just crawl back into your craft space and starting poking around your stash again. Rediscover old tools or paper stacks that you haven’t touched in years. We all have them! Touch and feel things again and I bet you’ll get those ideas flowing all over again in no time!
Hope one of these tips helps you get back on track and creating again!
If you have additional tips on how you get your creativity going, please share in the comments below.